TWO-BEDROOM FAMILY WAITLIST
Reasonable Accommodation/LEP: Applicants with a qualified disability who need assistance in completing the waitlist application or applicants needing free language assistance may click here for assistance or may notify MPHA by U.S. mail. The written request must be postmarked by June 3, 2017. Mail request to: MPHA, Manager of Leasing, 1001 Washington Avenue North, Minneapolis, MN. Hearing impaired individuals needing accommodation may call TDD/TTY Minnesota Relay at 1-800-627-3529.
- Initial Opening: The Minneapolis Public Housing Authority (MPHA) will accept applications for families who qualify for two-bedroom housing during an initial three-day period, from Thursday, June 1, 2017 (8:00 a.m.) through Saturday, June 3, 2017, (11:59 p.m.).
- Online Application: Waitlist Applications must be submitted online during this time. MPHA will not accept paper applications. Applicants must complete the Waitlist Application online by visiting MPHAOnline.com/familywaitlist. An applicant must use a device with Internet access (mobile phones are not recommended).
- Ongoing Opening: Following the Initial Opening period, MPHA’s Two-Bedroom Family Waitlist will open the 3rd Wednesday of each month beginning June 21, 2017, until further notice. Please check MPHA’s website after May 17, 2017 at mphaonline.org for details on how to apply starting June 21, 2017 and every 3rd Wednesday thereafter.
- Eligibility: Applicants must have at least two family members to qualify for a two-bedroom unit. One family member must qualify as a Head of Household and one member must be a Dependent. (A Dependent is a person who is less than 18 years of age, a Disabled Person, or a full-time student; it does not include the Head of Household or a foster child.) Eligibility for all of MPHA’s public housing requires family annual income at or below 80 percent of Area Median Income ($54,400 for a family of two; $61,200 for a family of three).
- Placement on Waitlist: Applicants who apply during the Initial Opening period (June 1 to June 3, 2017) and who meet the eligibility criteria will be placed on the waitlist according to preference points, without regard to time of submission. Applicants may call MPHA’s automated phone number at 612-342-1553 fifteen days after submission to check their status on the waitlist. Applicants who apply on subsequent Ongoing Opening dates will be placed below those who have applied earlier, then ordered by preference points.
- Notification: MPHA will notify applicants when their name nears the top of the waitlist and MPHA is ready to begin the screening process. Families who meet the screening criteria, after verification of their preference points, will be offered units when a unit becomes available (and according to their place on the waitlist).
- Suburban Opportunities: Qualified applicants may have the choice to rent a unit in a suburban location. MPHA partners with privately-owned, mixed-finance developments that include family public housing units developed under the Metropolitan Housing Opportunities Program (MHOP). These units are in the following communities: Chaska, Columbia Heights, Eden Prairie, Golden Valley, Maple Grove, Minneapolis, Mounds View, New Hope, Plymouth, St. Francis and Watertown.
- Updating Information: MPHA requires current information for each applicant. All applicants must inform MPHA in writing of a change in family composition, address, phone number, or email address. Applicants can get the Applicant Update Form from MPHA’s main office or the MPHA website.
Please also note:
MPHA’s Three-Bedroom Waitlist will close after Wednesday, May 17, 2017. This list has reached capacity.
Until further notice, MPHA will continue to accept hard copy applications for Elderly (age 62 & and older), Near Elderly (age 50-61), and disabled adults in a one or two-person family for one-bedroom and studio highrise units on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at 1001 Washington Avenue North, Minneapolis, MN.
Equal Housing Opportunity – Equal Employment Opportunity