Seniors (1 & 2 Person Households)
“Senior” means you are 62 years of age or older.
To apply, you should come to:
Minneapolis Public Housing Authority
1001 Washington Avenue North
Minneapolis, MN 55401
on Monday, Wednesday or Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
You will need to bring the information listed below. Once you have completed the application you will be seen by an intake worker.
- A current mailing address and telephone number where you can be reached
- Names of the Head of Household/Co-Head of Household
- Social Security numbers for each applicant household member
- Dates of birth for each applicant household member (birth certificate)
- The sex (male/female) of each applicant household member
- The race and ethnicity of each applicant household member
- Whether anyone in household is handicapped or disabled
- The primary language of the head of household
- The current living situation (ie: “homeless” or “not homeless”) of the head of household
- Value of all household assets (ie: bank accounts, investments, real estate, etc.)
- Total monthly income of the household (includes all household members)
- Source of all income (wages, pensions, TANF, and other sources)
Upon finishing the application an intake worker will review the application and make a determination whether it is complete.
If you are deemed eligible, your application process will start immediately. Your placement into a unit will be conditional on a criminal background screening, rental housing references, and availability of units.
If your application is not deemed eligible, your application will be denied and you may contest the denial by requesting an appeal.