Seniors (1 & 2 Person Households)
If you are a senior (62 years of age or older) you do not need to complete a pre-application. You should come to 1001 Washington Avenue North from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday. and complete an application form. You will need to bring the information listed below. Once you have completed the application you will be seen by an intake worker.
- A current mailing address and telephone number where you can be reached
- Names of the Head of Household/Co-Head of Household
- Social Security numbers for each applicant household member
- Dates of birth for each applicant household member (birth certificate)
- The sex (male/female) of each applicant household member
- The race and ethnicity of each applicant household member
- Whether anyone in household is handicapped or disabled
- The primary language of the head of household
- The current living situation (ie: “homeless” or “not homeless”) of the head of household
- Value of all household assets (ie: bank accounts, investments, real estate, etc.)
- Total monthly income of the household (includes all household members)
- Source of all income (wages, pensions, TANF, and other sources)
- Upon finishing the pre-application an Intake worker will review the pre-application and make a determination whether it is complete.
- If you are deemed eligible to apply your application will be placed on the wait list for Low Income Public Housing. Your placement into a unit will be conditional on the approval of your full application; criminal background screening, preference points, rental housing references and availability of units.
- If you are not deemed eligible, you will be allowed the opportunity to provide more information to show that you are eligible. If that information is not sufficient, your application will be denied and you may contest the denial by requesting an appeal.